The only dewormer FDA approved to treat all stages of the encysted small strongyle
- Small strongyles are the number one parasite of pastured horses, and may comprise up to 90% of the worm burden in an individual horse
- The tissue cycle of the small strongyle includes several encysted stages, which may not be detachable on a fecal egg count
- Other dewormers miss a critical stage, EL, which can account for up to 75% of the encysted small strongyle burden
- Only the five dose regimen of Panacur PowerPack is effective against EL larvae.
Contains fenbendazole, the only ingredient approved to treat all stages of encysted small strongyles, including EL
The Preferred Choice for Ascarid Protection and More:
Panacur PowerPac has been proven effective against ivermectin-resistant ascarids, which are potentially life threatening in young horses, and a growing problem in adult horses
It is also labeled for the control of large and small strongyles (including migrating larvae), and pinworms
One syringe for each 1,250 lb of body weight per day for 5 consecutive days. For a 1,000 lb horse, adjust dial marked “Larvicidal Dosage” to 1,000, which is the same as giving double the standard dosage on the syringe. Administer once a day for 5 consecutive days.
Five-Day, Five-Dose Regimen:
- Panacur PowerPac contains 5, 57-gram tubes of paste dewormer
- Each tube contains double the standard dose of fenbendazole
- One tube should be administered each day for 5 days, to achieve a larvicidal dose
- Read label instructions carefully for complete dosing information
Proven Safe For All Horses:
- Panacur PowerPac is proven safe for every horse, regardless of their age, size or body condition
- It’s also safe for the environment and non-target species, including cattle, sheep, goats and dogs of all breeds
- Due to its gentle mode of action, fenbendazole may help decrease the likelihood of potential side effects, such as endotoxic shock and impactions, which may occur after deworming foals with heavy roundworm infections using other classes of dewormers
Consult your veterinarian for assistance in the diagnosis, treatment and control of parasitism. Do not use in horses intended for human consumption. When using Panacur® (fenbendazole) Paste 10% concomitantly with trichlorfon, refer to the manufacturers labels for use and cautions for trichlorfon.