Gastroade by Cox Vet Labs represents a natural and affordable alternative to costly existing ulcer treatment options. Although it is drug free, Gastroade has demonstrated owner and trainer satisfaction over other available alternatives.
- Gastroade is a liquid formula that establishes a new approach to dealing with equine gastric distress.
- Contains Calcium, Magnesium, and Aluminum to neutralize stomach acid
- Aloe Vera, Kaolin, and Bismuth Subsalicylate are proven to relieve gastric upset by coating the stomach
- The gallon container will provide up to a 21-day supply for one horse
- Cox Veterinary Laboratory products cannot be shipped outside of the contiguous United States
U-Gard powder by Corta-Flx is a calcium-magnesium dietary supplement for horses, ponies and foals.
The manufacturer reports that field trials show U-Gard is highly effective on gastric ulcers.
A 8 lb pack will provide up to a 64 day supply for one horse.
U-7 Gastric Aid by Finish Line is an easy-to-use, very palatable Vitamin/Herbal blend that helps promote a healthy equine digestive system including the foregut and hindgut. Horses love the taste of the natural active ingredients.
- Promotes healthy appetite, performance and attitude
- 16 all-natural ingredients to support a healthy gastric system, leading to long lasting results
- Not an antacid or an acid production blocker
- Cost effective alternative to help gastric health in your horse
- Some of the soothing ingredients include: Cinnamon, Cabbage, Aloe, Carrot, Slippery Elm, Ascorbic Acid, MSM, and Licorice
- Safe for foals and is also recommended for all horses that are confined to stalls or engaged in moderate to heavy work schedules
Probios introduces beneficial microorganisms to the gastro-intestinal flora for digestive balance and to improve equine welfare. Probios Gel Oral Syringe provides a convenient and stable source of Entercoccus faecium, Lacotbacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus casei and Lactobacillus plantarum only. The word “probiotics” literally means “for life” and is the opposite of the word antibiotic. Probiotics are good bacteria that can help boost the levels of beneficial bacteria in the gut, whereas antibiotics attack and kill infections and unwanted bacteria.
Probios can be effective in the following stressful situations:
- Following de-worming
- During vet visits or hospital treatment
- During and after antibiotic therapy
- To help maintain appetite
- During digestive disorders including incidences of diarrhea
- Intensive training
The 5 lb package provides up to a 200 day supply for one average horse.
Total Control Plus by Finish Line is an all-in-one supplement that promotes healthy joints, feet, coat, gastric system (foregut & hindgut), blood counts, capillary health and proper hydration.
- Combination of 6 Finish Line products: U-7 Gastric Acid, Fluid Action HA, Apple-A-Day, Feet First, Iron Power and XBL Ultra
- Great taste that supports seven main systems in your horse
- Easy to use & convenient especially for stable owners and trainers with multiple performance horses
- 2 scoops daily (75 grams total, scoop included)
- Always give with food or after a meal to avoid gastrointestinal upset
Iron, B-Vitamins, copper and cobalt promote healthy blood & counteract anemia. Biotin, Amino Acids and essential fatty acids maintain strong hooves and healthy skin. Herbal components like slippery elm, licorice, cinnamon, aloe vera plus zinc and vitamins help with digestion. Macrominerals like sodium, potassium, calcium, magnesium, chloride and iron stimulate your horse's thirst & encourage healthy hydration. Glucosamine, HA, MSM, Vitamin-C, Yucca and turmeric help to lubricate the joints and reduced inflammation and improved circulation. Hesperidin, Rutin, Vitamin K and other vitamins & proteins promote healthy capillary strength.
The 4.7 lb tub provides up to a 28 day supply for one horse.
The 9.3 lb tub provides up to a 56 day supply for one horse.
The 23.2 lb tub provides up to a 140 day supply for one horse.
Kauffman's Equine gold is a premium blend of Saccharomyces cerevisiae (active, dry cell yeast), direct-fed microorganisms and digestive enzymes to be used in all classes of equine feeds.
The total microbial count of Kauffman's Equine Gold exceeds 807 Billion colony forming units (CFU)/lb. or 50.4 Billion CFU/oz.
The active, dry cell yeast scavenge oxygen in the gut to aid in anaerobic fiber digestion, while the five strains of beneficial bacteria and digestive enzymes enhance total tract digestibility of a variety of feedstuffs
- Oat Oil - Rich in Polar Lipids which are vegetable fat molecules that strengthen the tight junctions between enterocytes, the intestinal cells responsible for nutrient absorption.
- Oat Flour - Rich in Beta Glucan, a soluble fiber that provides support for a healthy immune system. Helps with nutrient absorption and can help prevent undigested starch from reaching the hindgut.
- Yeast Products - Rich in MOS - two different extracts of yeast that help to maintain the healthy and balance of the hindgut
- L-Glutamine an amino acid that provides fuel to muscles and supports the immune cells in the lining of the gut
- L-Threonine is another amino acid that supports production of mucin, a necessary component of mucus that lubricates the GI tract lining.
Top-Dress Granules - are ideal for large farms, or for those who simply prefer to apply their supplements as a top-dressing. They're quick and easy to use, with the provided measuring scoop - just add one scoop to feed once each day.
Equine Gastra-FX by Omega Alpha
- Used to treat ulcers and irritated gut by providing mucilage to coat irritated tissue and aid in healing.
Ingredients: marshmallow root, slippery elm, licorice root, beet extract, and apple concentrate.