UlcerGard is FDA-approved to prevent stomach ulcers in horses. The main ingredient in UlcerGard is Omeprazole which suppresses acid production in a horse's stomach. 1 mg/kg of omeprazole per day for 28 days effectively prevents the onset of ulcers in horses exposed to stressful conditions. The cinnamon-flavored oral paste is well accepted by horses and once-a-day dosing is convenient to administer.
** UlcerGard is the only medicine that's approved by the FDA to prevent equine stomach ulcers **
- Each tube of UlcerGard contains four daily preventive doses for horses weighing between 600 and 1,200 pounds.
- Two doses are recommended for horses weighing more than 1,200 pounds.
- Minimum recommended dosage is 1mg/kg per day or 1/4 syringe
- Horse under 600 lbs consult a veterinarian
SAVE more on Ulcergard by joining Merial Max Awards! A program by Merial that utilizes your mobile device to scan and submit your rebate forms for Merial Brand Products. Set up and install the app, scan you invoice and barcode to submit your rebate. Your mobile devide will show you your rebate status as soon as it's avilable! Click here to sign up
Xtra Strength Gut Health by Basic Equine Health
Gut Health is an aloe vera based digestive health supplement that is fed daily. This unique product has pH stabilizing crystals that provide very noticeable results. Gut Health helps reduces the symptoms directly related to stomach and hind gut irritation.
- Concentrated for quick results
- For chronic or acute ulcer symptoms
- Soothes the stomach
- Reduces/eliminates the cause of moody systems
- Raises stomach pH for relief
- Increases hind gut pH
- Time released phases maximizes the relief for up to 4 hours
- Allows natural function of stomach and hindgut
GastroBalance Plus by Enviro Equine
Specially formulated to provide the best all natural supplement for your horse. All in one supplement for the performance horse. Supports the immune system, hoof health, skin support, hind gut health, nutrient absorption, intestinal tract and Zinpro Trace minerals.
- Contains Zinpro performance minerals
- Stomach buffer
- Hydration Support
- Proprietary yeast cultures
- Stabilizes intestinal tract pH
- Promotes hind gut health
- Skeletal support
- Drug Free
- Sugar Free
Farnam DigestAid Synbiotic Paste is designed to support equine immune and digestive health with a unique blend of prebiotics and probiotics.
- Ideal for horses "off feed" or under stress
- Veterinarian Recommended
- Made in the USA
U-7 Gastric Aid by Finish Line is an easy-to-use, very palatable Vitamin/Herbal blend that helps promote a healthy equine digestive system including the foregut and hindgut. Horses love the taste of the natural active ingredients.
- Promotes healthy appetite, performance and attitude
- 16 all-natural ingredients to support a healthy gastric system, leading to long lasting results
- Not an antacid or an acid production blocker
- Cost effective alternative to help gastric health in your horse
- Some of the soothing ingredients include: Cinnamon, Cabbage, Aloe, Carrot, Slippery Elm, Ascorbic Acid, MSM, and Licorice
- Safe for foals and is also recommended for all horses that are confined to stalls or engaged in moderate to heavy work schedules
- 60 ml syringe = 1 serving
- Liquid: 64 oz = up to 32 day supply, 128 oz = up to 64 day supply, 5 gal. = up to 320 day supply
- Powder: 1.6 lb = up to 30 day supply, 3.2 lb = up to 60 day supply
Syringe: Give entire tube, preferably in the morning.
Liquid: Give 2 oz. in the morning and 2 oz. in the evening for 30 days. Reduce to 1 oz. twice daily thereafter.
Powder: Give 1 oz. twice daily for the first 30 days, and then reduce to 1 oz. daily.
Gastroade represents a natural and affordable alternative to costly existing ulcer treatment options. Although it is drug free, Gastroade has demonstrated owner and trainer satisfaction over other available alternatives.
- Highly palatable alfalfa-based pellet
- New approach to dealing with equine gastric distress
- Contains Calcium, Magnesium, and Aluminum that neutralize stomach acid
- Aloe Vera & Kaolin to relieve gastric upset by soothing and healing the stomach lining
- 100% money-back guarantee
Cox Veterinary Laboratory products cannot be shipped outside of the contiguous United States.
Gastroade by Cox Vet Labs represents a natural and affordable alternative to costly existing ulcer treatment options. Although it is drug free, Gastroade has demonstrated owner and trainer satisfaction over other available alternatives.
- Gastroade is a liquid formula that establishes a new approach to dealing with equine gastric distress.
- Contains Calcium, Magnesium, and Aluminum to neutralize stomach acid
- Aloe Vera, Kaolin, and Bismuth Subsalicylate are proven to relieve gastric upset by coating the stomach
- The gallon container will provide up to a 21-day supply for one horse
- Cox Veterinary Laboratory products cannot be shipped outside of the contiguous United States
Nutrient Buffer by Vita Royal is an antacid & alternative colic remedy that neutralizes stomach acid naturally. This U.S. Patented ratio of USP Grade minerals in a stabilized natural emulsion helps neutralize excess acidity that can lead to ulcers. It does not inhibit acid production. Nutrient Buffer is versatile enough that it can be used daily for horses in every walk of life. It works different than drugs like H2 Blockers and Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) which the body can build up a tolerance to (require higher dosages over time).
Nutrient Buffer works naturally - every time - with the added benefit of helping to resolve colic situations when you least expect them. High mineral solubility and oil suspension protect against over-buffering and create a significant time release effect.
This item can only be shipped to the contiguous United States.
Epic Daily is a daily feed supplement that provides triple action support for respiratory, immune system and gastro-intestinal. Formulated for horses under stress such as, young horses in training, heavy competition schedules, transporting to new venues or pre-sale preparation. Excellent when horses are entering new environments: sale barns, commingling and stall housing.
EquiOtic is a probiotic that is from the horse!
EquiOtic is an innovative live, equine-sourced immunoprobiotic that combines the benefits of Lactobacillus reuteri with Saccharomyces boulardii to offer horse owners a powerhouse first line defense for the gastrointestinal tract. The hind gut requires a balance of beneficial bacteria for healthy function. That balance can easily be disrupted by stress, surgery, hospitalization, disease, training, travel or dietary changes. EquiOtic is an important daily tool in supporting the gastro intestinal system of the horse. Ideal for normalizing foals' GI health.
- Recommended as a daily feed additive
- Assists in the maintenance of normal gut flora
- Live Equine cultured bacteria, the natural enemy of Salmonella, Rota-virus, Clostridium and other pathogens
- Modulates GI Immune response
- Normalizes intestinal flora, pH and acidity
- Delivers billion of live CFUs (Colony Forming Unit) of equine sourced Lactobacillus reuteri and Saccharomyces boulardii
- 30 Day Supply
- Individual foil packed servings for ensured life
Gardion Equine by Spectra Animal Health is for horses with stomach ulcers. Gardion is a liquid solution of herbs with healing properties and the ability to promote a healthy appetite in horses with ulcers. Approximately 80% of horses have stomach lesions due to food consumption and the stress of heavy training.
Formulated to promote rapid healing of stomach and intestinal lesions (ulcers). Contains ingredients that cleanse the wound and encourage natural protective coating of stomach and intestine lining while correcting alkaline acid balance. Works in harmony with the equine system - does not mask the problem. Helps optimize food absorption and promote appetite. Contains antibacterial properties.
For the initial treatment administer 2 fluid ounces directly into the horses mouth for 6 to10 weeks. After the initial treatment administer 1 fluid ounce daily.
A 32 oz bottle will provide one horse with up to a 32 day supply.
dac Digestive Feed Additive supports normal digestion in mature horses with Yea Sacc 1026, a live yeast culture that increases fiber, phosphorus and calcium digestibility in mares. It also increases energy, total lipids and amino acid absorption. dac Digestive Feed Additive can also improve milk availability to foals if administered for 3-4 weeks before and during the lactation period.
- Enhanced with probiotics to help maintain the correct balance of microflora
- Supplies bio available minerals - chelated minerals
- Increases availability and enhances absorption rates
- Contains Yea Sacc which increases energy, digestibility in mares, fiber, phosphorus, and calcium
dac Cool Gut is specially formulated for foregut and hind gut support. Helps maintain proper gut pH and gut flora while providing nutritional support for gastrointestinal mucosa.
Cool Gut is perfect for horses that are under stress associated with training, traveling, competing, stall rest and much more.
- Yea-sacc 1026, 10g/oz DHA 12g/3oz
- Feed 3 oz per day for maintenance
- Calcium carbonate for coating agent and antacid
- DHA - critical omega 3 fatty acid
- Supports beneficial colon bacteria
- Glycine - amino acid that may inhibit gastric secretions and supports healthy gastric mucosa