Horse Supplements - lowest prices
UlcerGard is FDA-approved to prevent stomach ulcers in horses. The main ingredient in UlcerGard is Omeprazole which suppresses acid production in a horse's stomach. 1 mg/kg of omeprazole per day for 28 days effectively prevents the onset of ulcers in horses exposed to stressful conditions. The cinnamon-flavored oral paste is well accepted by horses and once-a-day dosing is convenient to administer.
** UlcerGard is the only medicine that's approved by the FDA to prevent equine stomach ulcers **
- Each tube of UlcerGard contains four daily preventive doses for horses weighing between 600 and 1,200 pounds.
- Two doses are recommended for horses weighing more than 1,200 pounds.
- Minimum recommended dosage is 1mg/kg per day or 1/4 syringe
- Horse under 600 lbs consult a veterinarian
SAVE more on Ulcergard by joining Merial Max Awards! A program by Merial that utilizes your mobile device to scan and submit your rebate forms for Merial Brand Products. Set up and install the app, scan you invoice and barcode to submit your rebate. Your mobile devide will show you your rebate status as soon as it's avilable! Click here to sign up
PlusVital Neutragast combines active and natural ingredients in this granulated powder supplement to help balance out the horse's GI tract. Great for horses of all stages, especially horses in training. Research shows that horse's getting fed high grain diets can have digestive problems, research even indicates that the fitter the horse is, the smaller the capacity of the hind gut. Many horse's today are on grain diets and can benefit from Neutragast. Designed to soothe and to help prevent digestive imbalances such has gastric ulcers, acidosis, and laminitis. Added B Vitamins help with metabolizing food. Boswellia Extract calms and soothes the digestive tract, while Calcified Seaweed acts as a buffer to protect the stomach against acid. Saccharomyces Cerevisiae aids in improving fiber digestion and microbial balance.
- Combination of active and natural ingredients
- Helps to balance gastrointestinal function
- B Vitamins help with food metabolism
- Boswellia Extract soothes the digestive tract
- Calcified Seaweed buffers stomach acid
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae improves fiber digestion and microbial balance
- Each 1.5kg tub contains 20 doses
dac Digestive Feed Additive supports normal digestion in mature horses with Yea Sacc 1026, a live yeast culture that increases fiber, phosphorus and calcium digestibility in mares. It also increases energy, total lipids and amino acid absorption. dac Digestive Feed Additive can also improve milk availability to foals if administered for 3-4 weeks before and during the lactation period.
- Enhanced with probiotics to help maintain the correct balance of microflora
- Supplies bio available minerals - chelated minerals
- Increases availability and enhances absorption rates
- Contains Yea Sacc which increases energy, digestibility in mares, fiber, phosphorus, and calcium
Epic Daily is a daily feed supplement that provides triple action support for respiratory, immune system and gastro-intestinal. Formulated for horses under stress such as, young horses in training, heavy competition schedules, transporting to new venues or pre-sale preparation. Excellent when horses are entering new environments: sale barns and stall housing.
- Aids in digestive health
- Egg Protein In Complexes in a Rice Bran Base
- Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids
- Lactobacillus acidophilus
- Enterococcus faecium
- Made in the USA
- Supplied scoop holds approximately 25 g of supplement (40 day supply).
Keeping your horse's digestive health in optimal condition is important. Succeed makes it easy. Just one serving, once a day with regular feed is all that it takes. Succeed is a natural system of key nutrients that can help maintain a healthy digestive balance in the face of challenges horses face every day.
- Oat Oil - Rich in Polar Lipids which are vegetable fat molecules that strengthen the tight junctions between enterocytes, the intestinal cells responsible for nutrient absorption.
- Oat Flour - Rich in Beta Glucan, a soluble fiber that provides support for a healthy immune system. Helps with nutrient absorption and can help prevent undigested starch from reaching the hindgut.
- Yeast Products - Rich in MOS - two different extracts of yeast that help to maintain the healthy and balance of the hindgut.
- L-Glutamine an amino acid that provides fuel to muscles and supports the immune cells in the lining of the gut.
- L-Threonine is another amino acid that supports production of mucin, a necessary component of mucus that lubricates the GI tract lining.
Oral Paste - individual single serving sized oral syringes. Oral paste is ideal for getting a horse started on the program, for use at shows or on the track, or for those who want to ensure their horse gets every drop. And it's great for horses off their feed. Just feed one tube each day - available in cartons of 30 syringes - that's a one month supply for one horse.
Top-Dress Granules - ideal for large farms, or for those who simply prefer to apply their supplements as a top-dressing. They're quick and easy to use, with the provided measuring scoop - just add one scoop to feed once each day.
1.79lb is a 30 day supply, 3.75lb is a 60 day supply and 10lb is a 180 day supply for one horse.
U-7 Gastric Aid by Finish Line is an easy-to-use, very palatable Vitamin/Herbal blend that helps promote a healthy equine digestive system including the foregut and hindgut. Horses love the taste of the natural active ingredients.
- Promotes healthy appetite, performance and attitude
- 16 all-natural ingredients to support a healthy gastric system, leading to long lasting results
- Not an antacid or an acid production blocker
- Cost effective alternative to help gastric health in your horse
- Some of the soothing ingredients include: Cinnamon, Cabbage, Aloe, Carrot, Slippery Elm, Ascorbic Acid, MSM, and Licorice
- Safe for foals and is also recommended for all horses that are confined to stalls or engaged in moderate to heavy work schedules
- 60 ml syringe = 1 serving
- Liquid: 64 oz = up to 32 day supply, 128 oz = up to 64 day supply, 5 gal. = up to 320 day supply
- Powder: 1.6 lb = up to 30 day supply, 3.2 lb = up to 60 day supply
Syringe: Give entire tube, preferably in the morning.
Liquid: Give 2 oz. in the morning and 2 oz. in the evening for 30 days. Reduce to 1 oz. twice daily thereafter.
Powder: Give 1 oz. twice daily for the first 30 days, and then reduce to 1 oz. daily.
dac Cool Gut is specially formulated for foregut and hind gut support. Helps maintain proper gut pH and gut flora while providing nutritional support for gastrointestinal mucosa.
Cool Gut is perfect for horses that are under stress associated with training, traveling, competing, stall rest and much more.
- Yea-sacc 1026, 10g/oz DHA 12g/3oz
- Feed 3 oz per day for maintenance
- Calcium carbonate for coating agent and antacid
- DHA - critical omega 3 fatty acid
- Supports beneficial colon bacteria
- Glycine - amino acid that may inhibit gastric secretions and supports healthy gastric mucosa
Daily Gold is a naturally occurring montmorillonite clay that contains 68 different minerals and elements – the building blocks of life. Daily Gold functions as both a daily supplement and an important tool in helping horses overcome common horse ailments. The results from Daily Gold can be seen over a few weeks. Hoof health, healthy hair coat, better disposition, improved feed utilization.
- Provides quick relief for ulcer symptoms works great with Daily Gold Powder
- Perfect for pre-competition/pre-trailering
- Remineralizes the body with 68 different elements and minerals.
- Contains a negative charge that helps attract toxins and allergens and carry them out of the body.
- With a pH level of 8.7-9.8, Daily Gold helps balance the pH of the digestive system.
- Helps protect ulcers from further damage, allowing it to heal.
- When to use: When your horse has diarrhea, When you're traveling, showing, moving, First notice symptoms of colic, Help alleviate ulcer pain, Jumpstart effects of daily gold, Pre-ride calming effects
GastroEase EQ by Perfect Products
GastroEase EQ Powder is perfect for daily maintenance for horses with previous ulcers or daily digestive maintenance. GastroEase EQ Rescue Paste helps in neutralizing acid. Works at the tissue level to help support the GI Tract from the inside out. Perfect for horses who show, travel, are stalled, etc.
- Provides probiotics and prebiotics for GI Flora
- Supports gastric lining & hind gut function
- Allows horse to gain maximum benefit from nutritional intake
- Minimizes acid levels
- Protects and heals at risk GI tissue
Powder Dosage: Loading dose 1 scoop 2 times a day - reduce to 1 scoop per day for maintenance
Paste Dosage: Preventative use - 30 to 60 cc per day during travel, showing, etc. For horses in gastric distress give 60 cc immediately, repeat in 90 minutes.
Total Pre & Probiotic Powder by Ramard is formulated to be the most powerful and beneficial digestive support to the animal's health. Help your horse balance his digestive system which can improve performance and nutrient uptake.
- Supports body condition, immune system
- Can improve disposition
- Chicory Inulin to feed beneficial bacteria
- Increase probiotics Lactobacillus Casei and Bifidobacterium Breve
- Citrus meal contains bioflavonoids
Indications for use:
Therapy, changes in environment/feed, birthing, foaling, traveling, veterinary visits, training, competition, stall rest, loss of body condition, hair coat etc
Nutrient Buffer by Vita Royal is a liquid oral antacid & alternative colic remedy that neutralizes stomach acid naturally. This U.S. Patented ratio of USP Grade minerals in a stabilized natural emulsion helps neutralize excess acidity that can lead to ulcers. It does not inhibit acid production. Nutrient Buffer is versatile enough that it can be used daily for horses in every walk of life. It works different than drugs like H2 Blockers and Proton Pump Inhibitors (PPIs) which the body can build up a tolerance to (require higher dosages over time).
Nutrient Buffer works naturally - every time - with the added benefit of helping to resolve colic situations when you least expect them. High mineral solubility and oil suspension protect against over-buffering and create a significant time release effect.
- Works naturally
- Helps resolve colic
- Does not contain aluminum, bismuth or other heavy metals
- Contains pure and natural sources of magnesium, zinc and calcium
Dosage: 1/4 cup dosed or in feed (up to 3x per day)
This item can only be shipped to the contiguous United States.
SayWhoa! Fecal Impaction, Gas, Light Sand & Spasmodic is a fast-acting agent for horses that may suffer from mild impaction or minimal bowel sounds. This drug-free agent does not contain pain relievers or muscle relaxant properties. The unique formula promotes gut fluids returning to the system to break down fecal matter and impactions. Generally, results are seen in 1 - 2 hours. Available in both liquid and gel syringe forms.
Please note: After administering the product, your horse will appear to be improving. You should hear returning and/or stronger bowel sounds, on both sides, and wanting to eat in 1 to 2 hours if this is a normal bout. However, if after waiting for 30 minutes, no sounds return and your horse does not appear better, then contact your vet immediately as your horse may be having an abnormal bout.
- Safe for any class of horse, including lactating mares, mares in foal and performance horses
- Preventative measure for horses that may colic or suffer from impaction
- Oral syringe included with liquid
- Promotes Digestive Sounds to Return Quickly
- Eliminates nasal tubing
- 3-year shelf life
- Made in the USA
Equine gastric ulcer syndrome (EGUS) is a widespread problem among all horses. The prevalence of gastric ulcer damage has been documented in 93% of horses in race training, in nearly 60% of other performance horses, and in 57% of all foals. Recreational horses and broodmares are also at risk. Preventing and treating EGUS is a challenge faced by many veterinarians and horse owners.
Neigh-Lox's research-proven, patented formula supports a healthy stomach by neutralizing excess gastric acid and coating the stomach's sensitive lining . The combination of buffering and coating ingredients maintains a normal stomach environment that helps prevent ulcers from forming. It also supports the healing of minor ulceration. Long-acting Neigh-Lox neutralizes excess acid and coats the stomach lining for up to 8 hours, while other antacids buffer for much shorter periods.
- Neigh-Lox has the capacity to buffer for a long period of time (minimum 6-8 hrs); most antacids buffer for a much shorter period
- Neigh-Lox buffers large amounts of acid; one dose ( 4 oz) has 240 mEq of acid-neutralizing capacity, which is equivalent to the amount of gastric acid typically produced over a six-hour period
- In addition to its buffering capabilities, Neigh-Lox also contains compounds that coat the lining of the stomach and adhere to gastric lesions, which maintains healthy mucosa and supports healing
- Easy to administer, either along iwth a meal or on its own.
- Recommended to divide portions between AM and PM feedings
- Foals/Weanlings: 2-3 scoops (4-6oz) daily. Do not exceed total of 4 scoops (8oz) per day.
- Yearlings & Horses: 4-6 scoops (8-12oz) daily. Do not exceed a total of 8 scoops (16oz) per day.
Neigh-Lox Advanced provides a scientifically advanced blend of ingredients that work synergistically to maintain your horse's digestive tract in peak condition. Horses with a healthy GI tract digest their feed more effectively so they absorb additional nutrients. They are less likely to suffer from digestive upsets.
Neigh-Lox Advanced supports a healthy equine GI tract, which reduces the incidence of:
- Colonic irritation and ulcers
- Colic and laminitis related to hindgut acidosis
- Gastric ulcers
- Low immunity
- Oxidative stress and cell membrane damage
Neigh-Lox Advanced contains a proprietary blend of ingredients that work synergistically to maintain healthy equine GI tract tissues by supporting proper pH levels throughout the tract, sustaining a favorable environment for beneficial bacteria, and supporting the healing of damaged or irritated tissues already present.
- Gastric buffer and coating agents - Buffers excess gastric acid and supports the healing of damaged stomach tissues
- Saccharomyces boulardii - Supports complete digestion of starch and sugars in the foregut, therefore reducing the risk of hindgut upset and acidosis caused by simple carbohydrates escaping into the hindgut. Supports healing of stomach and colonic ulceration by supplying nutrients to the gastrointestinal tissues. Maintains normal GI tract environment, which reduces or eliminates episodes of acute and chronic diarrhea
- Proprietary yeast fermentation metabolites - Supports a robust immune system. Supports reduced inflammation and healing of damaged tissues. Supply polyphenol, nucleotides and polysterols, antioxidants that maintain healthy cell membranes and accelerate recovery after exercise. Sustain the growth and activity of beneficial bacteria throughout the GI tract
Original Gut Health by Basic Equine Health
Gut Health is an aloe vera based digestive health supplement that is fed daily. This unique product has pH stabilizing crystals that provide very noticeable results. Gut Health helps reduces the symptoms directly related to stomach and hind gut irritation.
- Soothes the stomach
- Reduces/eliminates the cause of moody systems
- Raises stomach pH for relief
- Increases hind gut pH
- Time released phases maximizes the relief for up to 4 hours
- Allows natural function of stomach and hindgut
- Original is maintenance strength for optimum long term use