Horse Supplements - lowest prices
Assure Guard has been a long-standing horse ulcer supplement for many veterinarians and is recommended for management of a variety of equine digestive challenges. Like the rest of the Assure family, Assure Guard is formulated to prevent colic, diarrhea, weight loss and promote optimal digestive function but, with the addition of calcium carbonate, it also addresses gastric and colonic ulcers.
Traditional ulcer treatments can slow acid production within the stomach thus preventing proper breakdown of your horse's feed intake and allowing undigested feedstuffs to reach the hindgut. In turn, this can lead to colonic ulcers, potentially causing a larger digestive issue, or recurrence of gastric ulcers. Research has shown that adding a quality probiotic to your horse’s ulcer supplement regimen provides a constant influx of live microbes, ensuring proper breakdown of feed throughout the treatment period.
Assure Guard can be fed directly to a horse's concentrate or grain ration at each meal, not to exceed two servings per day. One level scoop is 35.6 grams; scoop enclosed.
- Patented formulation with calcium carbonate to soothe and prevent ulcers.
- Can be added to horse's ulcer treatment regimen to promote optimal GI function throughout the duration of treatment
- Research proven to address a multitide of equine digestive conditions like chronic colic, diarrhea and poor body condition; it's the GI maintenance program of choice vets nationwide
- Contains live microorganisms
EquiProbiotics by EquiPulmin is a veterinarian formulated combination of pre and probiotics of the highest quality, without any fillers or byproducts. Beneficial support for horse's digestive system and can help boost their performance. Probiotics improve the efficiency of digestion and improves nutrient absorption.
Probiotis are useful in the following ways:
- To give young digestive systems a head start. Foals acquire their intestinal flora from their environment thats one reason why they sometimes eat manure. A probiotic may help populate the young digestive system more quickly.
- To aid recovery from illness or infection in horses who have received oral antibiotics. Medications that kill harmful bacteria sometimes do collateral damage to beneficial organisms. After the course of anti-biotics is finished, a probiotic may aid in faster recovery.
- To compensate for the effects of stress. Dietary changes, travel and/or competition can put stress on a horse's system. To give the probiotics time to colonize, it is best to start administration two to three days ahead of the stressful event and continue until it is over.
- To reduce digestive upset in horses susceptible to chronic diarrhea and/or mild colics. Probiotics may stabilize the microflora and promote a healthier environment in the gut. They may also be a good preventive measure in horses who have experienced serious colics.
- To help old or unthrifty horses better utilize nutrients. A probiotic may improve the efficiency of digestion and aid nutrient absorption in aged horses and others who have trouble maintaining weight.
- EquiProbiotics is veterinarian formulated to give you a combination of pre and probiotics of the highest quality and without any fillers or byproducts.
- 10 Billion Probiotics -Each serving contains 10 billion live beneficial microorganisms.
$36.45 - $68.00
Senior Health and Wellness by Farnam
Formulated for senior horses in light to no work. As horses age, their digestive systems become less efficient at absorbing nutrients from their feed, which may mean they are missing the complete nutrition they need to feel their best. This easy-to-digest extruded nugget supplement designed to help fill those important nutritional gaps that your senior horse may be missing. Packed with amino acids, fatty acids, and vitamins and minerals, this targeted formulation provides nutrients that help maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Balanced protein-vitamin-mineral supplement designed to help fill nutritional gaps
- Extruded nugget is easy-to-digest
- Contains vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- Provides nutrients that support a healthy digestive system in senior horses
- Amino acids and prebiotic yeast culture supports intestinal health and digestive function