Ankle Boot with Hinged Speedy Cut by Proteco.
These Ankle Boots by Protecto are used to protect the ankle area along with the area between the ankle and the hoof. The hinged speedycut offers more movement than the regular speedycut.
One size only.
Full Hock Trotting Boot by Protecto
- Worn by trotters to protect the hind leg, this is the highest of all the trotting boots
- For the horse that interferes higher up than just the shin area.
- This boot protects the area from the ankle up to the hock and the speedycut protects the area between the ankle and the hoof.
Hind Ankle and Half Shin Boot by Protecto.
These boots are worn by trotters for protection in the lower rear leg area where some horses have a tendency to interfere. Does not cover the full shin area, but half along with the ankle and the speedycut covers the area between the ankle and the hoof.
One size only.
Anti-Choke by Protecto
- Fasten Throat Latch first. Snugly draw up throat latch, making sure the foam rubber fits into the Pocket of the horse's Jowl.
- Next fasten the cheeks and hook the Top strap to the crown's buckle.
- Hook overcheck to see that the Anti- Choke fits and stays in place.
- After you hook the overcheck , examine all straps and make final adjustments.
The Anti-Choke should fit just a little snug when the overcheck is hooked up. You may find that the horse will resist the Anti - Choke the first time, so try it on Training day.
Almost all horsemen have said that when the horse realizes he can not choke down or fight you, you will have full authority.
Murphy Blind by Protecto
- Securely clips onto the bridle
- Adjustable window allows for a custom sized opening
- Use with or without the window
- EZ pull fastener window is easy and quick to adjust
Lycra Pastern Boots are a wonderful solution to horses that need additional protection during turnout, racing, or exercise. Covering the "no man's land" that bell boots, rundown or skid boots, and many leg boots can't provide. Also a great product to use with the use of Cavallo, Easyboot, or other similar items for preventing rubs and irritation. These boots are lycra lined on both sides for better shock absorbency. Softer comfort avoids scurfing and absorbs sweat and water to keep horse's pastern dry.
- One size fits most
- Sold in pairs
Wrapper Trotting Boots by Protecto.
- The ultra-lite trotting boot by Protecto that replaces hind brace bandages.
- Fits closer, offers the ultimate comfort and total free movement for your horse.
- Soft and pliable, with Lycra lining comfort.
- Comparable or better protection then brace bandages.
- Pastern attachment wraps around and helps to eliminate your horse from hitting under the speedy cut.
- Does not absorb water.
One size only.
Headpole Hitch by Protecto
- Fits All Modern Head Poles and Then Some!
- The Head Pole Hitch may be used on either side of the harness and may be reversed for an outside hook-up.
Go Straight Knee Spreader by Protecto allows hores that hit their knees while racing to go straight. It pushes out the elblow which will allow the horse to go wider with less change of hitting their knees, shins and legs.
- Can be used with the Hook Up Pad
Double Digit Head Numbers by Protecto. Features improved angle so the horse's ears do not interfere with the visibility of the number.
- Includes a number on each side
- Number attaches to the bridle crown of the horse
- Black with your choice of White or Yellow 5" numbers (additional custom color combinations are available)
- Lightweight, highly durable against severe cold weather
- Custom item, not returnable
- Ships directly from manufacturer
- Sold individually
The Breathe E-Z was perfected by Russell C. Norris, an Ohio horseman, to improve the intake of oxygen to the horse's lungs, thus improving his performance and stamina.
1. It was intended mainly for use on horses with collapsed nostrils or extra flesh over the false nostril that may block the airway. The Breathe E-Z also helps horses that close down and stop at the end of a mile due to the lack of oxygen. Some horses with no apparent breathing problems have shown less stress after training and racing in the Breathe E-Z.
2. Why it works - The Breathe E-Z spanning the nostril cavity acting as a bridge which holds open the nostril preventing the false nostril from collapsing into the nasal passage which blocks the air flow. The Breathe E-Z doesn’t block or restrict air flow; it allows the nostril to flair and contract normally.
3. Additional benefits of the Breathe E-Z - When first installed in a horse's nose it will cause them to blow repeatedly. This will loosen and dislodge dust and other particulates from the airways.
4. Also the design of the Breathe E-Z retaining clips act as a form of acupuncture which is applied to the pressure point in the nostril. This pressure may provide for easier handling of the strong headed horse.
5. Recommended by Veterinarians.
6. Breathe E-Z has been tried, tested, and used in races at many U.S. and Canadian tracks in the past year.
7. We believe the Breathe E-Z is one of the most humane products to be used by a horsemen. Remember a race horse is only as good as its breathing capacity.
Murphy Blind 2-Way by Protecto
- Easy on easy off
- Adjustable window so you no longer need to cut up old Murphy's to fit the horse that needs a Peek-A-Boo
- Use with or without the window
- Easy and quick to adjust
- Lighter weight than the original #P-57
- Made of a durable synthetic material that will keep its shape
Rotating Headpole Burr by Protecto
- Attaches to the headpole and rotates around it
- For horses the need a tougher approach to keeping their head straight
- Has spikes on it so the horse will move away from it
Butt Flap by Protecto
- Fits over the crupper with Velcro hook-up
- Eliminates the need for towels or diapers
- Solid rubber hoses off easily
- A great tool that every horseman needs
- Keeps horse's waste products off the driver
- One Size 9-1/2" x 7-1/4"
Flipper by Protecto
A rubber-fringed nose piece that attaches to the racing bridle of a Standardbred race horse. Used as a training-racing aid to prevent fright and shyness from flying dirt, stones, mud and water. Helps to desensitized inexperienced horses to prepare them for adverse racing conditions.
- Includes rubber-fringed nose piece
- Bridle sold separately
- Simple and effective training aid
- The long rubber strips simulates adverse racing conditions
- Desensitizes younger, inexperienced race horses