Wrapper Trotting Boots by Protecto.
- The ultra-lite trotting boot by Protecto that replaces hind brace bandages.
- Fits closer, offers the ultimate comfort and total free movement for your horse.
- Soft and pliable, with Lycra lining comfort.
- Comparable or better protection then brace bandages.
- Pastern attachment wraps around and helps to eliminate your horse from hitting under the speedy cut.
- Does not absorb water.
One size only.
Bandage Protector by ProtectoProduct Details:
- Prevents horses from chewing their bandages.
- Wraps around bandaged leg and is secured in place by adjustable straps w/buckle closure.
- Sold in pairs.
- Plastic protector with plastic studs.
- 11.5" wide x 13-17" (adjustable)
Go Straight Knee Spreader by Protecto allows hores that hit their knees while racing to go straight. It pushes out the elblow which will allow the horse to go wider with less change of hitting their knees, shins and legs.
- Can be used with the Hook Up Pad
Lycra Pastern Boots are a wonderful solution to horses that need additional protection during turnout, racing, or exercise. Covering the "no man's land" that bell boots, rundown or skid boots, and many leg boots can't provide. Also a great product to use with the use of Cavallo, Easyboot, or other similar items for preventing rubs and irritation. These boots are lycra lined on both sides for better shock absorbency. Softer comfort avoids scurfing and absorbs sweat and water to keep horse's pastern dry.
- One size fits most
- Sold in pairs
Rotating Headpole Burr by Protecto
- Attaches to the headpole and rotates around it
- For horses the need a tougher approach to keeping their head straight
- Has spikes on it so the horse will move away from it
Line Wings by Protecto replace the existing terrets on the harness and are designed to allow the line extra movement toward the outside for better leverage, allowing better control of the horse.
- Can replace a side reining bit, if a horse gets on one line
- When used as a pair, they automatically adjust for horses that like to bear in on the turns and/or bear out in the straightaways
- Whichever way your horse points their head, the wings will allow the line to move with them and adjust to their head movements
- Pair (set of 2 wings)
Flipper by Protecto
A rubber-fringed nose piece that attaches to the racing bridle of a Standardbred race horse. Used as a training-racing aid to prevent fright and shyness from flying dirt, stones, mud and water. Helps to desensitized inexperienced horses to prepare them for adverse racing conditions.
- Includes rubber-fringed nose piece
- Bridle sold separately
- Simple and effective training aid
- The long rubber strips simulates adverse racing conditions
- Desensitizes younger, inexperienced race horses
The Breathe E-Z was perfected by Russell C. Norris, an Ohio horseman, to improve the intake of oxygen to the horse's lungs, thus improving his performance and stamina.
1. It was intended mainly for use on horses with collapsed nostrils or extra flesh over the false nostril that may block the airway. The Breathe E-Z also helps horses that close down and stop at the end of a mile due to the lack of oxygen. Some horses with no apparent breathing problems have shown less stress after training and racing in the Breathe E-Z.
2. Why it works - The Breathe E-Z spanning the nostril cavity acting as a bridge which holds open the nostril preventing the false nostril from collapsing into the nasal passage which blocks the air flow. The Breathe E-Z doesn’t block or restrict air flow; it allows the nostril to flair and contract normally.
3. Additional benefits of the Breathe E-Z - When first installed in a horse's nose it will cause them to blow repeatedly. This will loosen and dislodge dust and other particulates from the airways.
4. Also the design of the Breathe E-Z retaining clips act as a form of acupuncture which is applied to the pressure point in the nostril. This pressure may provide for easier handling of the strong headed horse.
5. Recommended by Veterinarians.
6. Breathe E-Z has been tried, tested, and used in races at many U.S. and Canadian tracks in the past year.
7. We believe the Breathe E-Z is one of the most humane products to be used by a horsemen. Remember a race horse is only as good as its breathing capacity.
Protecto Swivel Quick Hitch Harness Couplers attach the jog cart or racebike to the harness. Swivel style separates your horse from the shaft, allowing the horse to move freely and develop a natural gait. Also allows harness's saddle to stay put, eliminating rubbing or scurving of the saddle. Most important are the comments from the horsemen saying that Protecto's Swivel Quick Hitch helps a sore horse that is on one line to reduce his lameness, thus adding speed to your horse.
- Freedom of movement for natural gait
- Freer movement = Less restrictions = Less lameness
- Keeps your horse's disposition happier, with less pain and no pinching.
- This will allow your horse more freedom, permitting your horse to have a faster mile, be more sound and have less lameness.
Murphy Blind by Protecto
- Securely clips onto the bridle
- Adjustable window allows for a custom sized opening
- Use with or without the window
- EZ pull fastener window is easy and quick to adjust
Go Straight Hook Up Pad by Protecto
John Hellette's new Quick Hook Up pad eliminates fastening the Go Straight to the sulky. Makes using the Go Straights much easier.
- Allows a straighter hook-up for the Go Straights
- Allows the Go straights to work better and gives more freedom of movement to the horse
- No having to disconnect the Go Straights while in the Race Paddock
- Designed to be used the Protecto's GO STRAIGHTS
Murphy Blind 2-Way by Protecto
- Easy on easy off
- Adjustable window so you no longer need to cut up old Murphy's to fit the horse that needs a Peek-A-Boo
- Use with or without the window
- Easy and quick to adjust
- Lighter weight than the original #P-57
- Made of a durable synthetic material that will keep its shape
Headpole Hitch by Protecto
- Fits All Modern Head Poles and Then Some!
- The Head Pole Hitch may be used on either side of the harness and may be reversed for an outside hook-up.
Anti-Choke by Protecto
- Fasten Throat Latch first. Snugly draw up throat latch, making sure the foam rubber fits into the Pocket of the horse's Jowl.
- Next fasten the cheeks and hook the Top strap to the crown's buckle.
- Hook overcheck to see that the Anti- Choke fits and stays in place.
- After you hook the overcheck , examine all straps and make final adjustments.
The Anti-Choke should fit just a little snug when the overcheck is hooked up. You may find that the horse will resist the Anti - Choke the first time, so try it on Training day.
Almost all horsemen have said that when the horse realizes he can not choke down or fight you, you will have full authority.
Butt Flap by Protecto
- Fits over the crupper with Velcro hook-up
- Eliminates the need for towels or diapers
- Solid rubber hoses off easily
- A great tool that every horseman needs
- Keeps horse's waste products off the driver
- One Size 9-1/2" x 7-1/4"