Horse Supplements - lowest prices
Sane & Sound EQ by Perfect Prep addresses the 3 causes of equine anxiety that most competition horses suffer from: gastric distress, pain and overstimulation. This comprehensive supplement can be used alone or in combination with any of the Perfect Prep products.
- Contains no prohibited substances
- Complete solution for training & pre-event anxiety
- Calming support
- Aids in gastric comfort and soundness support
- Paste effects begin within 2 to 4 hours and are cumulative with additional doses. Effects may last 18+ hours
- One tube of paste contains one dose
- Pellet effects begin immediately and peak after 4 to 6 feedings
- Pellets: 2 lb contains approximately 24 doses and 5 lb contains approximately 60 doses
Zylkene Equine Powder by Vetoquinol
Specially formulated to help reduce chronic and situation stress by increasing the ability to cope with change. Zylkene helps restore balance and is derived from milk protein.
Mare Relieve by dac is specially formulated calming supplement for mares that helps with muscle contractions.
- Blend of quality ingredients
- Antispasmodic to help with muscle contractions
- Raspberry leaf - rich in vitamins
- Helps support calming behavior
- Made in the USA
- *Do not feed to pregnant mares
Quietex II by Farnam is a fast acting all-natural formula that works in 2 hours without causing drowsiness. Keeps horses alert without anxiety. An excellent alternative to tranquilizers, it can be used any time the horse is to face a stressful situation. Ideal for race horses.
Also, great to use before riding, training, trailering, shoeing and vet visits. Quietex II is a homeopathic supplement containing all-natural ingredients to be used as an aid in calming horses. Contains Valerian.
Note for Competitors: Some competitive organizations prohibit specific supplement ingredients. If you are showing, please check with your association(s) for rules and regulations.
Calming Fresh Packs by Formula 707 - Easy to feed, these packs are perfect for on the go, in the barn or for the horse sitter. Calming Packs are ideal for horses that are nervous, jumpy and easily distracted.
Symptoms of low magnesium are nervousness, muscle tremors, lusterless hair coat and intolerance to work or exercise. Thiamine deficiency might be expressed in irritability, excitability, nervousness, elevated blood lactate and pyruvate and muscle cramping. Both of these deficiencies are more likely to occur in horses on a high carbohydrate (grain) diet.
- Individual packs to ensure freshness
- 3 part solution to help calm your horse
- Thiamine (2,000 mg)- requires magnesium to become active and to supplement calming your horse
- Premium quality magnesium oxide (7,500 mg)
- L-tryptophan (125 mg) vital precursor to melatonin and serotonin
- Use on a daily basis for best results
- 1 pack = 2 oz
- 28 day supply
Majesty's Kalm Peppermint Wafers are especially helpful when your horse is anxious, nervous, distracted or exhibits behavioral problems.
- Herb-free wafers
- Supports balanced behavior
- Promote relaxation
- Helps to reduce hyperactivity
- Contains Vitamin B1, as well as Magnesium and Tryptophan.
Calm and Cool by Oralx offers a combination of Valerian Root and other herbs known to have a calming or relaxing effect. The Merck Index, tenth edition specifically mentions Valerian Root and Passion Flower as having this therapeutic effect.
- Paste form contains the essential amino acid L-Tryptophan which is essential to the proper functioning of the nervous system.
- Administer paste directly from the 34g oral-dose syringe onto the back of the animal's tongue 2-4 hours prior to competition or transporting.
- Pellet form can be fed daily as a top dressing on the horse's regular feed.
- Aids in calming anxious and excitable horses.
- Excellent choice for taking the edge off chronically anxious horses while introducing new situations as well as routine trailering, training, clipping and showing.
- Helps to alleviate nervous stress for more productive training and performance sessions.
**Formerly called Divine Equine
Thia-Cal by Finish Line is a natural, palatable nutritional supplement that promotes a healthy nervous system for a more relaxed horse without drowsiness. Contains Thiamine (B1) and Magnesium along with other beneficial ingredients. A deficiency in Thiamine and Magnesium can cause muscle cramping, pain, irritability, excitability & muscle weakness.
- Does not contain Tryptophan, Valerian or Kava Kava
- Helps conserve energy while calming and settling your horse
- Will not make horses "dopey"
1.54 lb powder provides up to a 30 day supply
6.15 lb powder provides up to a 120 day supply
Gallon liquid provides up to a 128 day supply
Safe Journey Flower Essence by Botanical Animal
A natural remedy to relieve motion sickness and to help ease hesitation in horses that experience claustrophobia and can be hard to trailer load.
- Helps alleviate the emotional imbalances that contribute to negative behaviors
- Strengthens their confidence and reroutes their negativity to an optimistic outlook
- Soothes uncomfortable feelings that arise from travel
- Ingredients: a proprietary blend of infusions of Fagus sylvatica, Matricaria chamomila, Anethum graveolens, Ulmus procera, Mimulus guttatus, Quercus robur, and Juglans regia flower essences, distilled water and distilled vinegar.
Obsess Less Flower Essence by Botanical Animal
Help relieve your animal of internal stressors that lead to destructive behaviors with Obsess Less.
- Great for all animals
- Breaks the habit of repetitive destructive behavior
- Transfers your animal into a calm and collected state
- Promotes an optimistic mental pliability while reducing the stress associated with the negative behavior
- Great for behaviors such as: self mutilation, cribbing, chewing and over plucking of feathers
- Ingredients: a proprietary blend of infusions of Aesculus hippocastanum, Malus sylvestris, Mimulus lewisii, Aesculus carnea, solarized spring water, and Salix vitella flower essences, distilled water and distilled vinegar.
Mellow Out Flower Essence by Botanical Animal
Helps to encourage calmness in animals with high anxiety levels and helps to promote focus and attentiveness. Great for dogs and horses.
- Harmonizing blend of natural essences
- For animals that are overly sensitive to their surroundings, loud noises or sudden shifts in atmosphere
- Great to use right before going into the show ring
- Help your animal adjust to uncontrollable stimuli
- Ingredients: a proprietary blend of infusions of Populus tremula, Matricaria chamomila, Prunus cerasifera, Impatiens gladulifera, Mimulus guttatus, and Trifolium pratense flower essences, distilled water and distilled vinegar.
Panic Attack Flower Essence by Botanical Animal
Helps to lessen the fear and anxiety that arises in animals during certain situations and helps to prevent the occurrence of panic attacks that an animal might experience.
- Addresses the sudden onset of terror
- Helps to find their inner calm and facilitate a safer relationship between you and your animal
- Helps reduce the severity of a panic attack
- Best paired with another essence as panic attacks often are caused by terror, obsessive behavior, lack of self-confidence and frustrations.
- Ingredients: a proprietary blend of infusions of Arnica mollis, Prunus cerasifera, Calochortus leichtlinii, Mimulus guttatus, Helianthemum canadese flower essences, distilled water and distilled vinegar.
In Training Flower Essence by Botanical Animal
Great tool to use in conjunction with training pets that are resistant to any new learning situations. Great for dogs, cats and horses.
- Encourages animals to be more receptive to training
- Lessens the frustrations for both you and your animal
- Reduces resistance during training and helps build a stronger bond between you & your animal
- Helps promotes acceptance in your animal while training
- Helps reduce impatience and intolerance
- Use as part of your pet's daily regiment to optimize effectiveness
- Ingredients: a proprietary blend of infusions of Borago officinalis, Rosa californica, Ceratostigma willmotiana, Erythronium purpurascens, Gentiana amarella, Larix decidua, Mimulus guttatus, and Penstemon newberryi flower essences, distilled water and distilled vinegar.
Quia-Cal by Finish Line is a high potency Thiamine (B1), Magnesium and Calcium supplement that promotes a healthy nervous system in the horse.
- Works within 1 hour & lasts up to 4 hours
- Aids in prevention of minor nervousness during times of stress, due to B1 and /or Magnesium deficiency
- Supplied in convenient 1/2 ounce oral syringe, in paste form
- Palatable apple cinnamon flavoring
- Does not contain Tryptophan, and will not make your horse dopey
Each syringe contains 1 dose.
Ex Stress Paste by Peak Performance is an all-natural, sugar-free, herb-free and filler-free paste designed to help calm horses effectively without reducing focus or energy.
Contains no valerian, no tryptophan and no sugars. Ex Stress is the ultimate B complex and magnesium calmative. Keeps your horse focused, productive and stress free for travel.
Includes 5 necessary B vitamins for behavioral support.
Herb free formula that won't cause drowsiness.