Anthelcide EQ Paste by Zoetis is a broad spectrum horse dewormer that contains oxibendazole. Effective for the removal and control of large strongyles, small strongyles, large roundworms, pinworms and threadworms.
- Broad-spectrum equine dewormer containing the active ingredient oxibendazole.
- 24 gm dial-type syringe containing 0.85 ounces (24g) of paste
- One syringe treats up to 1,200 lb
- Shows efficacy against benzimidazole-resistant strongyles.
- Large strongyles
- Small strongyles
- Large roundworms
- Pinworms, including various larval stages and threadworms
Dosage and Administration
- The dosage of Anthelcide EQ is 10 mg/kg (2.2 lb) of body weight (15 mg/kg for strongyloides)
- Each mark on the syringe delivers Anthelcid EQ Paste to treat 100 lb (67 lb for strongyloides) and each syringe treats up to 1,200 lbs. of body weight
- Horses maintained on premises where reinfection is likely to occur may be retreated in 6 to 8 weeks. Veterinarians are the best source to determine frequency of treatments
- Anthelcid EQ is compatible with carbon disulfide, which can be used concurrently for bot control (GasterophilusÂ spp.) when administered by a veterinarian. Routine carbon disulfide cautions must be observed
- Determine the weight of the horse and dial the correct setting on the plunger. Remove the cap from the syringe. Insert the tip of the syringe into the side of the horse’s mouth between the incisor and molar teeth and press the plunger down as far as it will go, depositing the paste on the back of the tongue
You May Also Like
June 15, 2019
February 04, 2018
September 16, 2016
September 14, 2016
April 12, 2016