Kensington Freedom Extended Day Hay Net's goal is for every horse to have a high fiber, low calorie forage available 24/7. Using Freedom Feeder is a way to “free” us from meal routines and help our horses live a happier, healthier, and more natural life, think of them as “Pasture In A Net”. Freedom Feeders may help alleviate many meal time anxieties such as weaving or pacing, reduces the likelihood of colic.
- Holds approximately 6-8 flakes (up to 50 lb. of hay)
- Knot free netting ensures that even the most aggresive eaters won't get rubs on their gums or lips
- Needs to be filled every other day
- Available in 1" or 1.5" Netting
- Perfect introduction to "slow feed" hay net
- 2" Mesh Opening for aggressive eats and larger horses. May require going down to a smaller mesh size once horse is transitioned.
- 1.5" Mesh Opening: Optimal opening to mimic grazing and slow consumption.
- 1" Mesh opening: for insulin resistant or smaller grazing animals. Recommended that you start transition with 1.5" Mesh then slow them down further using 1" mesh only if necessary.