Haygain Half Bale Series by Jiffy Steamer Equine Division. Accommodates half a bale or the equivalent in loose hay or hay nets. Sturdily built double walled and thermally insulated to reach and maintain the critically high temperatures required to effectively condition the hay. Robust construction to withstand the demands of life in a barn environment.
- All fittings and couplings are either brass or stainless steel for durability.
- 1,500 watts of steaming power is provided by a 1,500 watt boiler using 120 volt electricity and requiring 12.5 amps of electrical current. The steam boiler has a one gallon water capacity, dual thermostats, safety features and quick release brass hose fittings.
- Steaming cycle from cold is approximately 60 minutes depending on the ambient temperature, type of hay and density of hay compaction.
- Heavy duty wheels for maneuverability
- Adjustable handle for ease of movement
- Stainless steel latches to secure lid
- Sealed steam chest provides optimum steaming performance
- Spikes on manifold ensure steam penetrates the center of the bale for even distribution
- Rounded profile so that there are no sharp corners for barn safety
- Integrated thermometer with a green zone indicator to signify when the bale is ready to feed
- Outside Dimensions: 28.5" Length x 28" Depth x 27.5" Height
- Inside Dimensions: 24.5" Length x 21.5" Depth x 21" Height
- Weight: 75 pounds (easily moved with integrated handle)