Neigh-Lox's research-proven, patented formula supports a healthy stomach by neutralizing excess gastric acid and coating the stomach's sensitive lining . The combination of buffering and coating ingredients maintains a normal stomach environment that helps prevent ulcers from forming. It also supports the healing of minor ulceration. Long-acting Neigh-Lox neutralizes excess acid and coats the stomach lining for up to 8 hours, while other antacids buffer for much shorter periods.
Equine gastric ulcer syndrome (EGUS) is a widespread problem among all horses.
- The prevalence of gastric ulcer damage has been documented in 93% of horses in race training, in nearly 60% of other performance horses, and in 57% of all foals
- Recreational horses and broodmares are also at risk
- Preventing and treating EGUS is a challenge faced by many veterinarians and horse owners
- Neigh-Lox has the capacity to buffer for a long period of time (minimum 6-8 hrs); most antacids buffer for a much shorter period
- Neigh-Lox buffers large amounts of acid; one dose ( 4 oz) has 240 mEq of acid-neutralizing capacity, which is equivalent to the amount of gastric acid typically produced over a six-hour period
- In addition to its buffering capabilities, Neigh-Lox also contains compounds that coat the lining of the stomach and adhere to gastric lesions, which maintains healthy mucosa and supports healing
Neigh-Lox's pelleted form makes it easy to administer, either along with a meal or on its own.