Cosequin ASU Plus by Nutramax contains the same ingredients as Cosequin ASU with the addition of HA and Green Tea Extract. HA is an ingredient that helps lubricate the joints. Green Tea Extract is an antioxidant that protects the body from the effects of free radicals. Cell culture research shows that these ingredients together inhibit many mediators that contribute to the breakdown of cartilage. New cutting edge cell culture data shows that this combination of ingredients even inhibits NF-kappaB, a mediator that helps "turn on" the other mediators and so starts the process resulting in cartilage breakdown and less joint comfort. Cosequin ASU Plus truly is an advanced formula providing comprehensive joint health support.
- The most advanced Cosequin joint health formula providing the next level of support
- Comprehensive, multi-faceted joint health management
- Glucosamine, chondroitin sulfate and avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (ASU)- PLUS high quality hyaluronic acid (HA) and Green Tea Extract
- Supported by cutting edge scientific data
- All-in-one convenience
Cosequin ASU by Nutramax Labs goes above and beyond the traditional glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate products on the market. Cosequin ASU contains NMX1000 avocado/soybean unsaponifiables (ASU) formulated with FCHG49 glucosamine hydrochloride and TRH122 low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate plus the addition of high purity MSM! This sets Cosequin ASU apart from any other joint health supplement for horses. And all in a tasty, easy to administer powder!
- Cosequin ASU is a dual synergistic formula: its specific glucosamine hydrochloride and low molecular weight chondroitin sulfate have demonstrated synergy in stimulating cartilage matrix production, while ASU also acts synergistically with glucosamine.
- The combination of glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate plus ASU has been shown to work better than glucosamine/chondroitin sulfate alone in cartilage cell studies!
- ASU (avocado/soybean unsaponifiables) is obtained from avocados and soybeans. It is a potent ingredient demonstrated to protect cartilage support joint function. Each of these ingredients, while working via its own primary mechanisms of action, together deliver comprehensive joint health support
Cosequin Optimized by Nutramax Labs contains higher levels of active ingredients than the original researched formula and is formulated in a tasty powder. MSM is an organic source of sulfur, a compound used by cartilage. Some veterinarians suggest using MSM to help manage joint health. For those wishing to additionally supplement MSM, Cosequin Optimized with MSM offers a convenient, cost-effective way to administer MSM along with the proven ingredients in Cosequin.
- Contains Glucosamine hydrochloride and chondroitin sulfate with the addition of high purity MSM, or methylsulfonylmethane
- The ingredients in the Cosequin formula provide the raw materials that are essential for the synthesis of synovial fluid and the major components of articular cartilage matrix.
- Unlike steroids and some NSAID's which can damage the cartilage matrix, Cosequin is not a drug; it is a true nutraceutical
Each level scoop (16.5 gm) contains:
- Manganse 32 mg
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride 7,200 mg
- MSM 5,000 mg
- Sodium Chondoitin Sulfate1,200 mg
- Under 600 lbs 1 scoop daily for first 2-4 weeks, maintenance 1/2 scoop daily
- Over 600 lbs 2 scoops daily for first 2-4 weeks, maintenance 1 scoop daily